Presentati in questo forum, facci conoscere il tuo dram preferito, il tuo whisky club, la tua associazione. Se hai bisogno di aiuto o sei un "niubbo" tutte le tue domande relative al whisky troveranno qui una risposta. Leggi le regole del forum.
da gppmalts lun dic 13, 2010 10:03 pm
ciao claudio
ho fatto un paio di acquisti su whisky auction un sito facile da usare e capire ma questo WORLD WHISKY INDEX come funziona??

" le cose migliori della vita o sono illegali o sono immorali o fanno ingrassare" G.P. Wilde
Immagine
da I love Laphroaig lun dic 13, 2010 11:12 pm
Li ho incrociati in un paio di festival, direi Londra ed in Olanda, direi che se la tirano un po'. Il sito è fatto decisamente meglio di quello Tedesco (ci vuole poco...) ma sembra avere pochi visitatori (le news sono poche ed alcuni prezzi di imbottigliamenti sembrano essere condizionati da sparate assurde una-tantum). Non è un asta ma un mercato in cui i venditori chiedono un prezzo, è una sorta di borsa virtuale dove tu puoi acquistare le bottiglie e lasciarle in gestione a loro. L'unico scopo è l'investimento, il fare soldi sperando che il mercato continui a crescere e che tu possa rivendirle a prezzi superiori, non il collezionismo, la passione.

Di seguito le regole pubblicate sul sito, per chiarire ogni dubbio:

1. Who defines the asking prices at the World Whisky Index?
Bottles offered on the WWI are owned by various investors and/or collectors and not by the WWI. The owners decide on what price to ask for their bottles.

2. Are there any costs for adding bottles to my portfolio?
There are no costs involved if you do this yourself.

Only for The Whisky Talker clients, i.e. investors of an amount of
over € 5,000.-:
If you wish The Whisky Talker to take care of adding the bottles for you (including photography), you pay € 10 per bottle. For this, the bottles need to be sent or delivered to The Whisky Talker first.

3. Are there any costs for registering at the World Whisky Index?
No, registering at the WWI is free of charges.

4. What are the costs for offering your bottles at the World Whisky Index?
Only for The Whisky Talker clients, i.e. investors of an amount of
over € 5,000.-:
You need to send or deliver your bottles to The Whisky Talker,
Heereweg 423, Lisse (2161 DA), The Netherlands, in order to have their authenticity checked. Shipping costs are for the sender.Once received, your bottles are fully insured and placed in our World Whisky Storage. Storage fee amounts to 2% of the market value of your bottles per year. Once your bottles has been checked and approved, it will be put up for sale. Upon selling your bottle you pay a 10% transaction fee.

5. What are the costs for buying a bottle at the World Whisky Index?
The buyer pays the asking price plus shipping costs in case he wishes to have the bottle sent to him. If the buyer wishes to leave the bottle in the World Whisky Storage where it’s fully insured, he pays a storage fee which amounts to a maximum of 2% of the value of the bottle.

6. How do I add a bottle to my portfolio?

•First you need to register at the World Whisky Index. If you are already registered, you need to log in.
•Under my account go to my whiskyportfolio
•Press button Add bottle to my collection
•Look for your bottle in the menu on the left by filling in the name of your whisky and, e.g., the age of your whisky. The bottles that match your criteria will appear on the right.
•Select the bottle you wish to add to your portfolio. You can now fill in other details like purchase price or bottle number and add photo material. After confirmation, your bottle is placed in your portfolio.
7. Is it an obligation to sell the bottles in my portfolio?
No, you can decide yourself whether to sell the bottles in your portfolio or not.

8. Is it possible to collect my bottles at your office?
Yes, you can phone us during office hours at +31 (0)252 22 20 11 to make an appointment for collecting your bottles.

Claudio Riva 8-)
I love Laphroaig, www.laphroaig.it
WhiskyClub Italia, www.whiskyclub.it
da angelshare mar dic 14, 2010 11:17 am
Avevo scritto qualche riga l'anno scorso sull'argomento
http://www.angelshare.it/news.php?extend.196
Secondo me e' utile per capire dove si muovono i prezzi di alcune distillerie, soprattutto quelle chiuse, anche se il book e' ancora molto povero e quindi i prezzi su alcune bottiglie possono avere dei forti rimbalzi.

Davide Terziotti
angelshare.it
Notizie e curiosita' dal pianeta whisky
da I love Laphroaig mar dic 14, 2010 11:24 pm
Sinceramente non riesco a capire che giro abbiano. A Leiden, giocando in casa, hanno sempre uno stand molto grande ma apparentemente poco frequentato.

Slainte,

Claudio Riva 8-)
da crescio mer dic 15, 2010 12:34 am
mah, sono perplesso..
E' una cosa diversa, ma trovo più interessante

http://whiskyfinder.eu

specie per quanto riguarda l'andamento dei prezzi. E' un portale molto ben indicizzato, sono gli stessi shop che inviato dei tabulati dei prezzi (prendendo i campi dei db dei rispettivi portali); per ogni prodotto, fanno un andamento della media del prezzo.. certo, nulla di sacrosanto (i prezzi online spesso sono più alti), ma in alcuni casi si possono cogliere delle osservazioni interessanti.
da I love Laphroaig mer dic 15, 2010 6:27 pm
Se quello che cercate è un consiglio sui prezzi, questi siti tendono ad essere troppo generici e - soprattutto sulle bottiglie rare - condizionati da poche offerte. Date un occhio allo storico di whiskyauction, direi che è + utile.
In ogni caso ho maturato l'idea che il mercato del whisky da collezione sia più piccolo di quanto valutino i collezionisti stessi. E questo non è bene.

Slainte,

Claudio Riva 8-)
da angelshare mar gen 18, 2011 12:10 pm
Vi riporto paro paro la newsletter che inviano e dove segnalano alcune bottiglie che secondo loro sono "convenienti". Lo scrivente declina ogni responsabilita'...

Dear relation, whisky investor,

What a great way to kick off the new year! From now on we will regularly send you the Whisky Investments newsletter which will bring you up to date on all the developments regarding investing in whisky.

We start with a promising offer to anyone who wants to extend or build up his whisky portfolio. Out of a unique collection of whiskies you can now buy bottles of closed distilleries and/or other rarities up to 51% below market value!

These bottles have very limited availability. Some examples are:

* Glen Mhor 35 years old from the Rare Malts series. The distillery was closed in 1983. The whisky was distilled in 1976 and bottled in 2001. This whisky is now priced 158 euro. Market value of this whisky is 232 euro and this will increase even more!

* Macallan 34 years old, distilled in 1968 and bottled in 2002. This whisky costs 245 euro against a market value of 370 euro. Top whisky!

* Bunnahabhain 30 years old. A dark, sherry matured whisky, distilled in 1979 and bottled in 2009 for 105 euro against a market value of 120 euro. Superb quality!

info@whiskyinvestments.com
www.whiskyinvestments.com

Davide Terziotti
angelshare.it
Notizie e curiosita' dal pianeta whisky